Friday, April 13, 2012

From Kenya With Love - Letter #22









This is the next letter I received from Judith ~ my first sponsored child from Kenya. This letter is dated July 1999 and was written when she was 18 years old. Somewhere about this time I got this final photo of Judith.
Dear Mrs. Jill,
It's another time that I want to thank my almighty father for the guidance he offers me ever since when I was born into this wonderful year 1999. I also thank him for having given me such opportunity to pass a word of thanks to you. And my final gratitude goes to you for your concern to help me. I would rather ask for apology of not writing the letter on time. The reason why I did not write on time was that we were committed with a lot of work that made me not to write on good time.
At home we have harvested beans and now we are looking forward to harvest maize which is now ready to be eaten. In our project we got a new social worker which is a blessing to us. He is saved and his names are Kennedy Kobira from Kisii. I am going on well with my work in our tailoring college and I hope by the end of the year I will succeed in my studies. I have learned a lot because now I can make several types of dresses (eg. shirts, blouses, skirts, short trouser, full dresses) and I usually enjoy it. 
On Sundays I normally go to my church where by we sing songs of praising the highest God, memorizing verses from the Bible and even preaching the word of God. I always feel happy when I see people singing and praising God in our church. It's through your support that I'm still in Compassion and by God's mercy unto me and also our family members. 
I would like to share a verse from the Bible in the book of Psalms chapter 121:1-4. It says "I look to the mountains where will my help come from? My help will come from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let you fall. Your protector is always awake. The protector of Israel never dozes or sleeps."
May the glory of God shine on you as you proceed on with your work. Get lots of thanks from your beloved child. 
Judith Wanga Maube









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...