Friday, March 16, 2012

From Kenya With Love - Letter #19






The next letter from Judith, my first sponsored child in Kenya, is dated February 28, 1998.
Dear Mrs. Jill Foley,
It is another wonderful time that I would like to write to you this letter hoping that you are still fine under the guidance of our almighty God. I thank you very much for the gift you sent for me ksh 766.8 which I bought a blanket, half dozen of cups, wheat flour and cooking fat. The remaining money I used to buy a new dress for Christmas and also remembered my God by taking sh20 to church. Your love for me is so great and you really have a good spirit towards me and my family. I also thank you for your letter which you sent for me plus pictures. I was filled with joy and also my parents were happy to see you and your husband in snaps. I'm also praying for you and your family. 
During Easter I will spend my holidays in the church where we shall have songs and after that our preacher will preach for us the word of God on suffering, death and resurrection of Christ from the book of Matthew 28:1-2. After the Sabbath, as Sunday morning was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went look at the tomb, suddenly there 
was a violent earth quake an angel of the Lord came down from heaven, rolled the stone and sat on it!
At home people are digging their gardens for preparation of planting crops (maize, beans and vegetables). 
At school now we have joined our Compassion workshop which I hope we will succeed. I'm training as a dress maker at the workshop. 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...