Friday, January 13, 2012

From Kenya With Love - Letter #10




This  is the tenth letter I received from Judith, my first sponsored child, who lives in Kenya. These letters date back to 1995 when Judith was 15 years old.

This is another of my favorite letters ~ again,  it really illustrates the impact of sponsorship in her life. When we talk about Compassion and what sponsorship does, it's important to talk about how children are being impacted spiritually, physically, socially and educationally. But when we say those things it often falls flat in making an impact on others. I love the way Judith says it and her words are far more powerful than my own. Her words personalize it.

Again, I have emphasized my favorite sentences below.

Dear Jill, 


     I am glad to thank my living God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for this opportunity he has offered me. Jill you are really making me shine health wise, education wise and spiritually. I thank God for His secret whisper to you to sponsor me. 
     Always I like spending my Christmas holidays while practicing memory verses, sing choir and participate in drama preparation for Christmas. And we have already started practicing drama. I am acting as Mary the mother of Jesus. We shall also have drama and choir competition.
I hope Christmas day will be a very busy day whereby I shall spend most of my time at church, singing and acting in drama. I wish you best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 


From your sponsored child, Judith Wanga



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...