Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What to Write ~ Birthdays

Everyone has birthdays and it's the kind of thing that happens year after year whether we want it to or not. I've always enjoyed celebrating my birthday and the birthdays of my family members.

In fact, in our family, we sponsor kids with the same birthdays as us which makes our birthdays even more special. Since I just celebrated a birthday and we are gearing up for two more in the next few months, I thought it would be fun to write a sample letter with birthdays as the theme.

Here are some questions to consider while preparing to write your letter.
  1. What are some birthday traditions you have?
  2. What are some favorite ways to celebrate the passing of another year?
  3. What was your favorite birthday ever?
  4. What is your best birthday memory?



Dear....

Another year has come and gone for me...I just celebrated my birthday. I've always enjoyed and looked forward to my birthdays. I remember how excited I would get when I was younger - eager to turn a year older. Now I don't get as excited about turning older, but I still look forward to and enjoy celebrating my birthday.

On my birthday I often think of my mom and dad and what it must have been like for them the day I was born. I know when my own two daughters were born, their actual birth day was very exciting for me. It was the day I finally met them face to face and could hold them in my arms. When my daughters celebrate a birthday, I always think back to the day they were born and remember our first moments together. 

Whenever someone in our house has a birthday we love to celebrate. We usually hang up some special decorations and do special things for the birthday boy or girl. We sing "happy birthday" (or play it on our violins) and make a special dessert (usually cake) to eat. My girls also love to hear the stories of their births. It's a day we can show extra love, attention and appreciation for the person celebrating the birthday. 

When I was younger my grandparents would always join us for an evening meal and cake. Because my birthday is during the summer, we would usually play games outside. Even this year I celebrated by being outside most of the day. And in the evening we had a special meal and cake. My youngest daughter played Happy Birthday to me on her violin while my oldest daughter and husband sang. 

I would love to hear how you and your family celebrate birthdays. I hope you are doing well. Please give my greetings and love to your family.




As always, I would love to hear your thoughts! What have you written about lately?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...