Friday, May 13, 2011

Letter Writing

It's time for writing letters to your sponsored kids.

I write monthly, and my personal goal is to be finished by the second Friday of the month. Why the second Friday? Well, because a few months ago, I ran across this and it seemed like a good idea to join....you know, for accountability and all.

This month I used some pretty bordered paper a friend had sent me. I colored it in, made color copies and then wrote my letters.


I also included cards and stickers for our sponsored children to share with a friend or family member. I got this wonderful idea from Jessica of Bohemian Bowmans. She does this regularly. I had done it several months ago, and this month most of the letters I received from our sponsored children talked about giving the card to their friends.


If you like the border idea, here are some sites that you can print borders for FREE:

8 comments:

  1. We have started writing letters on the second Tuesday of the month. We went with Tuesday to align with our weekly family devotions. It's great to sit down as a family (we have four boys) and write a letter.
    We've volunteered to correspond with children that do not receive letters from their sponsors. We are really looking forward to the opportunity.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful, Chris. It made all the difference in the world for me, when I had a letter writing date on my calendar. It went from being a vague "something I need to do" to an actual appointment.

    You will enjoy the correspondence program just as much as the sponsorship. In a way, you get two or three (or more) kids for the price of one! I don't think any differently of my correspondence kids than I do my sponsored kids.

    What's so neat about the correspondence program is that it proves that sponsorship is not about money - it's about relationship. The financial sponsor either doesn't get it or can't provide it, and I'm so thankful Compassion allows us to step in and develop a relationship.

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning on writing both of our children tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

    Love reading about CSP and all...

    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE your button on the Compassion Bloggers. Philippines HOW COOL!

    Much love,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teena...got the button from Shaun Groves. They are available on his blog and there are several different ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. me again....

    I clicked on your widget for the Compassion bloggers. I want a widget on my blog so I can follow them and pray...

    but I can't find that widget! grrr... some times it is so hard for me to find things on the compassion site.

    Thanks for your help... you are always there for me.

    oh and please be praying .. one of the families that took a packet when I spoke on compassion will not be able to sponsor. So many are just unaware and leary ... makes me sad. :(

    yes I am up way to late. ;)

    hugs,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teena...go here to find a widget

    http://shaungroves.com/2011/05/compassion-bloggers-philippines-trip-promotion/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...