Friday, August 24, 2012

Birthday in Peru ~ Remembering Peru 2010

Two years ago this week, I was in Peru. I'll never forget my time there, especially two years ago today when I celebrated my birthday. It was a wonderful day of project visits, home visits and then and LDP (Leadership Development Program) dinner in the evening.

I was eager to meet my LDP student the next day, never dreaming he would be at the LDP dinner.

But they surprised me and it was the best birthday gift ever.

Two years ago today, I met David.


My correspondence with David began a few weeks before I traveled to Peru. I had requested a correspondence child (preferably LDP) that I could meet while I was there.

David was half way through his LDP experience and has just finished all his university requirements and has graduated.

Through our letters over the past two years, David has encouraged me and taught me so many things. His letters were so deep and full of his enthusiasm for God. I've posted a couple HERE and HERE. He also wrote to me and explained how important the ministry of Compassion was in his life ~ David's Family and Compassion.

Even though I recently had to write my final letter to David, I feel so honored to have met him and known him through his letters.

And two years ago, spending my birthday with him, was very special indeed.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...