Saturday, August 25, 2012

Meeting Jazmin ~ Remembering Peru 2010

In continuing with my "remembering Peru 2010" series, I can't help but remember sponsor day. Two years ago today, we eagerly boarded our bus and drove to a small amusement park where we would meet our sponsored children and spend the day with them.

I knew I would see David again. I had met him the night before at the LDP dinner, and was eager to meet his mother. But I was also anticipating meeting Jazmin ~ my correspondent child. Although I had received a few letters from her prior to my trip to Peru, I did not realize she had not yet received any of mine. Imagine my surprise when I learned she and her mother traveled 24 hours to meet someone they had never heard of!

Would you do that? Honestly, I don't think I would.

Yet there she was. With gifts for me ~ a complete stranger.

Jasmin is a beautiful girl and we had fun riding the rides, playing frisbee and laughing together.




I wrote more about sponsor fun day HERE.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...