Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September Compassion Joys





It's that time of the month when we take a few moments to name all the gifts and blessings God has brought our way through the ministry of Compassion. Join us!


we received 11 letters this month, including a final letter from Josseling in Nicaragua!
Dear Sponsors Kevin and Jill,  
I send you warm greetings and I thank you for the beautiful sponsorship you gave me in all this time that I was part of the ministry and I got a lot of blessings from God and one of them was to be your sponsored child. I enjoyed birthdays, Christmas parties, medical checkups, scholar packages and it was a big help to me. I also studied computing and it helped me a lot and I am at the university and have taken advantage of it and I hope I can help other children in the future as you were a blessing to me. I also thank you for your gifts. I say goodbye to you and I will always pray for you and I will take you in my heart. Wishing you the best I say good bye to you and I hope God pour many blessings on you. With love, Josseling

When Compassion called me earlier this year to tell me Josseling was being released from the program (she's in college now and too busy to attend), I asked about a final letter. Of course I was able to write and send one to her, but I was told it was very unlikely I would receive one from her. After 12 years of sponsoring her, and both my husband and I getting to meet her on separate visits, I was sad to not have this closure. So getting this final letter was such a gift!



we also received a couple photos in our letters...

Jazmin in Peru shows us the clothes she was able to buy with the money we sent for her birthday.


Nadege in Burkina Faso sent us a photo of her family - she is in the yellow dress.
She is pictured with her mom, her elder sister and her two brothers. 


also....
Happy 8th birthday to Nadege  (pictured above)
September 25th




I was able to get my Christmas cards done this month. 






And now it's your turn! Here are some guidelines for you to follow for this link-up:
  1. Link up by entering the URL to your blog post (make sure it's a link to the actual blog post and not just your blog).
  2. Be sure to link back here to Compassion Family and tell others you are doing so. Feel free to grab the button code for your post (it's on the right side of the blog).
  3. Set aside some time to visit the other participants and leave some comment love.
  4. Begin taking notes and making a list for next month.
I should also mention that I reserve the right to remove anyone's submission if it fails to meet the link-up requirements or is inappropriate. 


***If you have trouble linking up, simply leave a comment and I'll be sure to visit your blog.

***If you don't have a blog, share your blessings in the comments!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...