Friday, February 13, 2015

What to Write ~ Fruit of the Spirit ~ Kindness

It's the second Friday of the month...the unofficial designated day to write to your sponsored kids!

I am continuing with the Fruit of the Spirit series In case you missed them, you can find them here...


And now for KINDNESS
I found this printable HERE and sent it to my kids

I also found these "borders" at The Dollar Tree. They are easy enough to fold and staple to the letters,
so I sent these too. Not sure why faithfulness is left off...




Greetings from Oregon! Once again I am happy to sit down and take this time to write a letter to you. I hope you are enjoying these thoughts on each fruit of the Spirit that is listed in Galatians 5:22…
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

We’ve talked about love, joy, peace and patience and in this letter I’ll be talking about KINDNESS. What does it mean to be kind?

According to the dictionary, to be kind means to be friendly, generous and considerate to others. I think this is exactly what God wants of us when we are relating to others. In fact, there are several Bible verses we can look at that instruct us to be kind.

Ephesians 4:32 says, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Proverbs 3:3 “Do not let kindness and truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.”

And the Bible also shows us that God is kind to us. In fact, the Bible refers to God’s kindness as Jesus Christ. God demonstrated His kindness for us by giving us his Son – Jesus.

We need to remember that kindness is about more than what we do. It’s also about what we say and how we think. I want to challenge you to think of some ways that you can show kindness to people around you – either in your home, at school or at your Compassion project. Maybe you can help someone who needs a little help. Or give someone a smile and hug to cheer them up. Sharing is also a wonderful act of kindness. It’s even fun to do nice things for people secretly – see how kind you can be without the recipient knowing it was you. I like to call these random acts of kindness.

I’ll be praying that God gives you many opportunities to practice being kind. Be sure to write back and tell me about your acts of kindness.









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...