So you think you might have the makings of a crazy sponsor Mom or Dad? Here are some sure-fire signs!
1. You have pictures of your sponsored child(ren) hanging on your wall or displayed on your desk at work, and their artwork is on your fridge.
2. You find yourself looking at stickers, postcards, etc. and exclaiming, “Oh, my kids would love this!”
3. You visit places for the express purpose of taking photos for your kids.
4. The postal workers recognize you on sight.
5. You have a panic attack if a regularly writing child suddenly stops writing.
6. When someone asks you to name a place you’d love to visit, your sponsored child(ren)’s country/countries are the first thing you list.
7. You are seriously considering visiting or have visited your child(ren).
8. You dream about your child(ren) on a regular basis.
9. You wish you could adopt your child(ren) if ever given the chance.
10. When you get a new child, you run around screaming for joy.
11. You brag about your kids and show their pictures to people at home, at work, at church, at school, and to random strangers.
12. You constantly re-think your budget to justify fitting in another child.
13. When your child mentions losing a parent or family member or being hurt in some way, you are ready to buy a plane ticket and head out there to find your child.
14. You keep all of your children’s letters in a special place so you don’t lose them.
15. You never stop praying for and looking for your child, even after they’ve been gone for years.