Fast forward to today...at the end of February, I will be leaving for my second Compassion trip in just over a year!
"Wait, how is this even possible?" you might be asking!
Well, for one thing, I have learned to never limit what you believe God can accomplish for His purpose. And don't be afraid to use the gifts and talents God has given you to think outside the box to raise money for a trip.
Here are just a few things I have done to earn money for these two trips:
- sold unused furniture and household items
- held a couple of yard sales
- made and sold homemade jam
- made and sold hand knit dishcloths
- made and sold handmade baby blankets
- made and sold homemade pizzas
- made and sold homemade cupcakes
- was paid to do a couple of photo shoots
- was paid for a few custom sewing jobs
Many of these items were sold locally to friends and family, but I did create a Facebook page and had sales to many online friends in other states.
Are you thinking about a Compassion trip in your future? I sure hope you are. It is a trip you will never regret working so hard to go on!
About Yvonne Reynolds...Yvonne is very active when it comes to sponsorship and advocacy for Compassion. She maintains Compassion's Second Friday Letter Writing Pinterest board. Yvonne is a homeschooling mom who likes to read, bake and take photographs. You can find her blogging at Our Little Corner of the World.