Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Books, Books, Books - New (to me) Books

I love to read and I love getting new books! Over the past few months I've added three new titles to my bookshelf and wanted to share them with you in case you need some new reading material in the upcoming new year.





The first is a devotional called He Walks Among Us - Encounters With Christ in a Broken World by Richard and Renee Stearns.



First of all, this is a gorgeous book. Just look at it. It's full of beautiful photographs and it's laid out so well. Richard Stearns is the CEO of World Vision - a huge Christian ministry that specializes in humanitarian aid, development and advocacy of the poor.

In this book, he and his wife share personal accounts and stories of how God is working among his people all over the world.




The next book is One in Spirit - a collection of devotionals written by Compassion staff all over the world. These devotionals have been shared on Compassion's blog and when I was at Compassion's Global Ministry Center in October, I saw this book in the store. Unfortunately I don't think you can buy this book anywhere except at the GMC store in Colorado Springs.




The final book I have to share with you is one I got for my birthday.... Operation World - The Definitive Prayer Guide to Every Nation by Jason Mandryk

This is a wonderful resource for knowing HOW to pray for the people and country where your sponsored child lives. Every country in the world is included in the book and it's full of information about the country, the people and how to pray.

Do you have any new books you want to share with us? If so, please tell us about them in the comments.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...