Monday, August 26, 2013

Compassion Sponsor Bracelets


Ever since I ordered and received my batch of Compassion sponsor bracelets, I've been wanting to tell you about them and encourage you to order your own. I'm finally getting around to having Lizzie share with us a bit about herself and the idea and purpose of the bracelets.


Hi!  My name is Lizzie.  I am going to be a sophomore in high school this year, and I am so happy to be able to continue learning at home :)  It's hard to believe that I received my first correspondent girl through Compassion only two years ago.  I remember getting an e-mail talking about Compassion child sponsorship.  Through a series of events, I learned about the correspondence program.  One day, I came home from camping to see Aprila's intro packet in the mail!  So much has happened since that day.  Right now, I am writing to ten sweethearts.  God has blessed me so much to be able to financially sponsor two of them as well as write them!

A sponsor bracelet is a unique, handmade bracelet with beads to represent your sponsor children.  The beads are crafted in the country they represent.  For example, the Uganda paper beads are made by women in Uganda.  I have beads from 21 of the 26 countries Compassion works.  I craft each bracelet with care and love.  My whole goal in this is for the proud sponsor wearing the bracelet to have something special from their child's country.  I also hope that each sponsor has the opportunity to share about their kiddos through the bracelet.  


I do not make any profit from the bracelets.  The price originally just covered the costs, but when over 60 orders came in, I ended up having some left over.  So I donated all that back to Compassion and will continue to do that whenever I have a little extra.  It has been incredible to see God provide for my Mabel's sponsorship through the bracelets I have sold!

If you would like to learn more about sponsor bracelets or order one, please visit Love is an Action: Sponsor Bracelets



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...