Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Double Nomination

Both Lizzie as Love is an Action and Becca at She Becomes nominated me for a Liebster Award (thank you ladies).


I'm not usually one to play along with these things, but since there was a double nomination today, I feel called to share some random facts with you and answer some questions.

First, I'll explain the "rules"....

  • I tell you 11 random facts about myself
  • I answer 11 questions (thankfully Lizzie and Becca's questions are pretty much the same)
  • I create 11 questions for my nominees
  • I nominate 11 blogs (who have less than 200 followers)

11 Random facts about Jill:
  1. I was born and raised in Morton, Illinois - the pumpkin capital of the world.
  2. I am not a flip-flop kind of gal. I will slip them on to walk around the yard, but they are not my footwear of choice.
  3. I love cottage cheese. With salt and pepper. And especially with potato chips.
  4. I have 5 blogs. Foley Family Adventures (private), Compassion Family (which you are reading), Daily Bread, Music Notes and TIPS, Bookends. I also maintain a blog for each of my daughters - Sydney's Creations and Photos by Kayleigh. So really that's 7 blogs.
  5. I hate peas. Always have, always will. For my 30th birthday my mom gave me a children's picture book called Eat Your Peas.  I feel the same way about bananas. Eating them makes me gag.
  6. I have lived in 7 states - Illinois, Virginia, North Carolina, Vermont, Minnesota, Michigan and Oregon.
  7. My front tooth is fake. I lost it in an unfortunate accident that involved my brother, my cousin and a snow shovel. This past year I had to have the entire thing removed and got an implant. Not fun.
  8. I am a minimalist wannabe. I dream of living in a tiny house with very few possessions. Every once in a while when I am in a decluttering mood, I consider throwing out all the letters I've gotten from our sponsored kids, just to clear some space. Then I come to my senses and realize they are worth keeping!
  9. I dream of living in another country - no where specific, just somewhere else.
  10. I love to read and read about 1 book a week. I'm weird about keeping track of stuff like this and have a journal where I record what I read. I also keep track on Goodreads.
  11. My middle name is Marie. I love my name and have never wanted to change it.


And here are the questions I need to answer...
Describe yourself in 8 words or less. 
Lover of God, family, nature, music and beauty.

What is one thing you want to be remembered for?
I want to leave a legacy of a living faith and compassion. I sincerely try to live out my faith in a tangible and real way, and I hope it's obvious enough that people will remember that.

Who has had the greatest impact on your life and why? 
My mom - mostly because she's my mom and she's in a position to influence me. She's a great woman of faith and has been a great example to me in so many areas.

If you got to "make a wish" and spend one day doing anything, what would you do? 
I dream of having an entire day alone in my own house. That's weird and not very exciting, but it hasn't happened for 8 years so it's a dream. I'm not sure what I would do, but I could do whatever I wanted without interruption!

What is your favorite tv show or movie and why?
I'm not a tv person...I enjoyed Dowton Abbey and Call the Midwife recently, but don't know if they are my favorites. Choosing a favorite anything is hard for me....

If you had to choose a completely different career/life path, what would you do?
I LOVE the career/life path that I chose. I feel like I am living out who God created me to be. I'm a stay at home, homeschooling mom who teaches violin on the side and advocates for Compassion International.  BUT since this question is asking for something different, I have thought it would be fun and challenging to be a nurse or librarian.

What would you do with a million dollars?
Hmmm.....I'd pay off my mortgage, donate a bunch to my church so we could finish our building and sponsor several LDP students. Maybe I'd use some of it to fly my girls to meet their birthday buddies (one in the DR and one in Kenya).

List the guests from your dream dinner party.
Bulu, Preeti, Ayon, Jackson, Rubi, Josseling, Luis, Yoselin, Hondy, Cilia, Jazmin, Luis, Emanuel, Nadege, Ruth, Joseph, Joylyne, Portia, Jerry, Orm, Antoni, Stephen, Duncan, Veronica, Dominic, David, Juan, Emmerencia, Judith, Cristine, Nowanda....all our sponsored children (current and past - some of whom are not listed). What a party that would be!!

If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
My superpower of choice would be to fly.

What is your favorite memory?
Again with the favorite....well something I will never forget is meeting Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith a couple years ago. It was a dream of mine to meet Amy, and meeting her and MWS together was just cool. I even remembered to thank them for the work they have done in promoting sponsorship with Compassion.

What is the most encouraging thing you have ever been told and have you shared it with others?
Recently a friend of mine, who is a non-believer, said, "You are an incredible person and I'm so glad to know you!" We had been in discussion about faith, and although she doesn't believe the same as I do, she respects me and doesn't think I'm crazy. It was encouraging that she sees Christ in me and that my faith doesn't turn her away.


And now for my nominees, in no particular order....it's not quite 11, but rather 7 and since those numbers rhyme I'm fine with that!





Michelle at You Glow Girl





If you are nominated and want to accept the challenge, simply do what I did...share 11 random facts about yourself, answer my questions (below), create 11 questions for your nominees and nominate 11 blogs (or 7).

Questions for you to answer:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favorite Bible verse?
3. What are your hobbies?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. Share a special memory with us.
6. What do you want to be remembered for?
7. Who is the most important person in your life?
8. List the guests from your dream dinner party.
9. If you could live in any era, when would you choose to live?
10. Do you have a favorite musician (singer, group)?
11. What would you do with 1 million dollars?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...