Monday, February 10, 2014

What to Write ~ Easter

With Easter only two months away, now is a great time to write an Easter-themed letter to your Compassion kids. This is a great opportunity to share the gospel message with your children, who will likely share the letter (and the message) with their families!

Here are some ideas to consider including in your letter:
1. What does Easter mean to you?
2. What Easter memories do you have from your childhood?
3. What Easter traditions do you have?
4. What does a typical Easter look like for you?


And here's a sample letter of what I wrote to my kids....


"It was very early in the morning on the first day of the week. The women took the spices they had prepared. Then they went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from it. When they entered the tomb, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. They were wondering about this. 
Suddenly two men in clothes as bright as lightning stood beside them. The women were terrified. They bowed down with their faces to the ground. 
Then the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? Jesus is not here! He has risen! Remember how he told you he would rise. It was while he was still with you in Galilee. He said, “The Son of Man must be handed over to sinful people. He must be nailed to a cross. On the third day he will rise from the dead.” 
Then the women remembered Jesus’ words. 
They came back from the tomb. They told all these things to the eleven and to all the others. Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James and the others with them were the ones who told the apostles. But the apostles did not believe the women. Their words didn’t make any sense to them. 
But Peter got up and ran to the tomb. He bent over and saw the strips of linen lying by themselves. Then he went away, wondering what had happened."   Luke 24:1-12                               


I love the Easter story. I love that Jesus rose from the dead and overcame death once and for all. I love what this means for you and for me.
Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will, live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die." - John 11:25
Do you believe?
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." ~ John 3:16
Do you believe? I can think of no greater message than the message of Christ's death and resurrection. This is the message that gives life and hope.

My prayer for you this Easter is that you will hear this message and believe.

I would love to know how you celebrate Easter. When I was a little girl we would wake up and go to a special, early service at our church. I would wear my fanciest dress and often had a matching hat to wear. My parents would give me a basket that was filled with chocolates and other candies. Sometimes we would also have an Easter egg hunt. My parents would hide plastic eggs outside in the yard and we would go find them and collect them. Another thing we always did was dye hard boiled eggs. Even now these are things my daughters enjoy doing.

I hope you have a blessed Easter! May you know that Jesus died for you. He is risen!

I sent these cardstock cross shapes with my letters. 


Have you written to your Compassion children yet this month? If so, I'd love to hear what you wrote about.

I love hearing from you - your comments make my day! If you have trouble finding the comment button, try clicking on the title of this post. Hopefully that will solve the problem and you can say hi.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...