Monday, April 8, 2013

What to Write ~ Spring

Where I live, spring is in full swing and  it seems like the world is waking up from a long sleep. Every day brings new changes, from buds on trees to blooms on flowers. I'm sure that the way I experience seasons is likely very different from how most of my sponsored children experience seasons.

For this letter writing example, I'm going to suggest you write about spring.

Here are some questions to think about to get you started:
What are your favorite things about spring?
What are the average temperatures during the spring months?
What are your favorite flowers?
What specific things make you sure spring is in the air?
What are your favorite activities to do during this season?
What holidays or other special days do you celebrate during spring?
How long does spring last?


And now here is a sample letter....

 Dear.....

How are you? I hope this letter finds you and your family well.

We are doing fine here. We have moved into the season of spring and because it is one of my favorite times of year, I thought I would tell you what it's like here. 

First of all, it seems like the world is waking up from a long sleep! Buds and blossoms begin appearing on the trees and flowers and other plants begin poking up out of the ground. Where I live, we grow many beautiful spring flowers like tulips and daffodils. I am amazed at how many different varieties there are. I've included a picture of a tulip that is growing in my garden. Isn't it pretty?

And the trees in my neighborhood are so beautiful this time of year. When they are in full bloom, it's fun to walk under an arch of pink flowers like you see in this picture. 

The first official day of spring was March 20th and this season will last until mid-June. One of the things I love most about spring is that it's the time of year when we celebrate Easter and the resurrection of our Lord!

Spring can be pretty windy and rainy where I live. It's rare to see the sun shining and the temperatures are still pretty cool and mild. Even so, it's one of my favorite times of year. I love to walk around my neighborhood, or hike through the forest and see new signs of life everywhere. 

What is spring like where you live? We look forward to hearing from you soon. May God bless you and keep you ~ may His face shine upon you!

Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth. ~ Hosea 6:8




As always, I would love to hear your thoughts! What have you written about lately?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...