Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and some changes

How was your Christmas? I hope you are continuing to take time to relax and celebrate with family and friends. The birth of Christ is something we can rejoice in each and every day!

And now we look forward to a new year....

On Monday I was able to take some time to finally get my December letters written to my kids. Although this Happy New Year message won't make it on time, I still hope it will be a source of encouragement for our Compassion kids.

I've been thinking a lot about Compassion Family and the direction this blog will take in 2013. I have seriously considered shutting it down, but my heart isn't quite ready for that. However, there are some changes I'll be making.

The first is the "master blogging list". I don't have time or energy to stay on top of this. I would be happy to give it to another blogger who might want to maintain it....let me know if you are interested.

The second is the correspondence kits. Again, I need to simplify and discontinuing these will be a great step towards simplifying. These have been a really big hit in the past and I'd love to see someone step up and take over this way to encourage others....let me know if you are interested. I've been holding a monthly give away and have also offered these to anyone who makes a $10 donation to Compassion, but you can do whatever you want with it.

I'll be posting my December Compassion Joys on Monday and would love for you to write your own post about all the ways God has blessed you through the ministry of Compassion during the past month. There will be a link up  - it's a party you won't want to miss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...