Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday's This and That

I'm linking up with Michelle at Blogging From the Boonies, who has been hosting a Thursday's This and That link up the past couple weeks.

So here's a glimpse into my life today....

Outside my window ~ We had so much sunshine this past week and it was glorious! Although temperatures are dropping here, it looks like the next 4 days will be fairly dry. I don't have too many trees in my yard, but it looks like the one in back is mostly done dropping leaves. The tree in the front still has a ways to go, so I'm sure we'll be raking in the next week.

Thankful for ~ We received our first letter from Jackson Mwaniki in Kenya. We sponsored him back in June and this was the first we've heard from him. 

Listening to ~ Phil Joel's album Playlist. I can also hear pages turning - my girls are sweetly sitting together and reading.


Excited about ~ The upcoming blogger trip to PERU!! 

Memorizing ~ I'm polishing up Matthew 5 and gearing up to start Matthew 6.

Reading ~  Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift , Alone Together by Sherry Turkle and Shift Your Habit by Elizabeth Rogers. I don't necessarily like reading 3 books at a time, but I have to read Gulliver's Travels and Alone Together in small doses. 

One of my Favorite Things ~ Time alone in the morning to read, drink coffee and blog.

Praying ~ For the leaders of our country. Now that the elections are over and the campaigning has come to an end, we must not forget to pray. 

Plans for the Weekend ~ We have a friend coming in for the weekend. We haven't seen him for 10 years and it will be good to catch up. Hopefully we'll have some good weather and be able to hike.

From the Kitchen ~ I'm making chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight and hope to make pumpkin cheesecake sometime in the next few days.

Working on ~ I've decided that I need some discipline in a couple areas of my life and have been diligently working on those this month. So far so good. I have practiced my violin every day, exercised every day and spent time reading every day. It has meant less blogging, but I think that is a good thing.

Photos from the week ~















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...