Thursday, November 15, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real} - Peru

Most weeks on Daily Bread I join a link up with Like Mother, Like Daughter. It's called {pretty, happy, funny, real} and encourages you to review your week in photos in the categories of pretty, happy, funny and real.

With the Compassion Bloggers in Peru this week, I can't help but be flooded with memories of my own trip to Peru in August of 2010. I decided to share some highlights from that trip in the {pretty, happy, funny, real} format here on Compassion Family today.

I hope you enjoy....


{pretty}
In the midst of poverty and despair there is hope ~ found within the walls of the local church where Compassion works. This hope is a beautiful thing. 

Aren't these girls, dressed in traditional clothes, so pretty? They performed some dances for us while we were there. 



At the end of our week we had the wonderful opportunity to travel to Machu Picchu.





 {happy}
On my first day in Peru, I began sponsoring Emanuel. Here I am with his entire family at their church. What a happy day ~ to begin a new sponsorship in person, with the whole family present.


Another happy moment was meeting Jazmin ~ one of my correspondent children. She's so pretty - I should put her picture up in the pretty category!


And meeting LDP student David and his mother. What a blessing!


And about this....I celebrated a very happy birthday!



This photo makes me so happy! These boys were just precious.


{funny}

My friend Ian standing in front of a mural at the airport (above) and then in front of the real scene (below).



I was actually terrified to have this photo taken. I was afraid the llama would look up and spit on me.



The Peruvian hairless dog.



We had just come out of this haunted house and were pretending to be scared. Every time I look at this photo I laugh at that experience. Good memories.



{real}
This is what it is like for so many Peruvians. They build these dwellings on the sides of the dirt hills. It's rough. As I walked the streets I could not imagine living like this. But this is real.





Right now there are over 1,000 children in Peru who are waiting for a sponsor. For $38 a month you can end their wait and begin a special relationship with a child. 

To see some of the beautiful children, simply click HERE.

And to read about what Compassion is doing in Peru right now, simply click HERE and read some posts from the bloggers who are there.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...