Tuesday, December 27, 2011

West African Drumming - Ghana

My girls and I had the awesome opportunity to attend a special program at our library ~ an interactive workshop put on by Chata Addy. Mr. Addy is originally from Ghana and now lives in our area. He preforms his music regularly and teaches kids the basics of west African drumming. His enthusiasm was evident and contagious. His drums were beautiful!








He even let the parents give it a try ~ oh what fun it was!




Did I mention the drums were beautiful? I think I did, but just in case....


 If you sponsor a child in Ghana, you will enjoy listening/watching Mr. Addy play. I can't wait to write to our Portia in Ghana and tell her about our experience. I'm sure she will enjoy this connection we made with her culture and country.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...