Sunday, September 25, 2011

Prayer Week 29

On their website, Compassion has compiled a list of 52 specific ways to pray for your sponsored child. Each Sunday I will feature one of these. For the complete list, please go HERE.

Week 29 Wisdom: Ask God to fill _______'s mind with His wisdom all the days of this child's life, so that wise decisions are made. Pray for economic and financial stability for the child's family so that a long term relationship with Compassion's program until completion.

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." ~ Psalm 32:8

Every night my daughters, ages 5 and 6 1/2, pray that God would give them wisdom and give our Compassion children wisdom. They don't fully understand what that means, but it blesses me to hear them asking God for such a BIG thing. Wisdom....we all need it, and even if we have it, we need more.

As I typed this up, I was struck with sadness at the loss of two of my long time sponsored children this year (I'd had them 7 years). Both girls, both turning into young women...one lost because of a move and another lost because of family pressure to drop out of school and work. Now I pray in earnest that each of my sponsored children are able to remain in Compassion's program until completion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...