Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Dressember


In December I'll be wearing only dresses. 

Why?



I'm so glad you asked. 

I'm participating in Dressember...a campaign that uses dresses as their uniform to raise awareness and funds in the fight against human trafficking. I first heard about Dressember a couple years ago when one of my online friends participated and posted about it. I was intrigued, but forgot to plan to do it the next year and by the time I heard about it again it had already started. This year I remembered to look into it and am excited to participate. 

I love advocating for those who cannot speak up for themselves. I also love to wear dresses. Combine the two and you have the perfect combination for Dressember. 

I'll be posting about my experience throughout the month. In addition to wearing dresses and telling people about the campaign, I'll be reading books, watching documentaries and finding other ways to educate myself and figure out what I can do to fight this atrocity. If you have recommendations for me to read or watch, please let me know in the comments. 

If you want to learn more about this movement, go HERE.  If you want to donate on my page, go HERE.

It's not to late to join in if you are so inclined! Or perhaps you want to just commit to wearing a dress one or two days a week and pray for the victims of modern day slavery. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...