Friday, January 1, 2016

My One Word for 2016

For the past six years I have prayerfully chosen a word to focus on during the year. I ask God to teach me and grow me through this word, and it's proven to be a very encouraging practice.

So far my words have been...

2010 - love
2011 - quiet (silent)
2012 - listen
2013 - slow
2014 - serve
2015 - enough

During advent I realized my favorite Christmas songs are "O Come, O Come Emmanuel", "O Come Let Us Adore Him" and "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus". I made the connection that they all have the word "come", but that thought stopped there.

Then my mom came to visit and one of her gifts to me was a journal for 2016...


All of a sudden I knew my word for 2016....

come

  • to move or travel toward or into a place thought of as near or familiar to the speaker
  • to move toward something; approach
  • to move or journey to a vicinity with a specified purpose

I am eager to move toward - to approach my Savior this year. I'm considering a monthly post, summarizing and sharing what I've learned . In the meantime, I'd love to hear if you've chosen a word for 2016.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...