Monday, July 27, 2015

Nowanda in Indonesia

Nowanda



First letter was dated February 2003...final letter was dated October 2010. We received approximately 30 letters over 7 years.

Miscellaneous info from letters:
  • was not yet in school when we first sponsored her
  • had a new father (step father) when we first sponsored her
  • called us papa and mama / brother and sister
  • asked to consider our new baby (Sydney) her own sibling as she didn't have any siblings
"I'm the happiest kid on earth because I'm now a part in your family."
  • participated in project's swimming program. Also got to go to Pizza Hut during this time.
  • egg decorating contest at project around Easter
  • went to waterpark on holiday
  •  in 2009 her baby brother was born


final letter....

Dear Kevin and Jill, 
Shalom... 
Hello. How are you doing? My family and I in Indonesia are healthy and are blessed by the Lord. What do you do now, Kevin and Jill? I am busy at school. After I start Junior High school I often go home in the evening because there are so many activities at school. What makes it even sadder is that I have to move to a new house in Boyolali. I cannot attend the activities at the project any longer because the distance between my new home and the project is very far away. Because of that, I have to depart myself from the project. I thank you for your willingness to sponsor me all this time, Kevin and Jill Foley. I also thank you for financing my schooling and for helping my family. My family and I cannot repay your kindness. I can only pray that you and your family will always be blessed and protected by the Lord, Kevin and Jill Foley. I will end this letter here. Please forgive me as this will be my final letter to you. May the Lord Jesus bless. 
Written by Wanda
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...