Friday, May 8, 2015

My Mom and Compassion




Almost 18 years ago when I began this crazy journey of sponsorship as a college student, my mom was nothing but supportive.


She's always been like that ~ supportive ~ because she knows me better than anyone else. She poured her life into raising me and still spends time on her knees praying for me.

Not only has she supported me on this journey of sponsorship and advocacy, she's created her own family of sponsored children all over the world.


Anna in Kenya

Diana in Kenya

Jefferson in Ecuador

Emmanuel in Rwanda

Zharick in Colombia

Ramya  in India

Kerlint in Nicaragua

Maria in Nicaragua

CSP in Kenya


(My mom and I in the mid 90s)


She's as crazy about Compassion as I am (if that's possible). She even met Shaun Groves because she knew how much I admire his work with Compassion.


And earlier this year, our dream of traveling to meet our Compassion kids together came true!


She even did her first Compassion Sunday presentation this past month, sharing about her trip to Nicaragua and 21 children were sponsored! 


Thank you mom ~ 
for believing in me, for encouraging me, for supporting me. 

I would love to hear stories about your mom and Compassion - if you have any to share.







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...