Thursday, April 2, 2015

Step Into My Shoes ~ Our Experience: Steps 2 and 3

Recently I had the opportunity to go through Compassion's new family resource Step Into My Shoes with my girls, ages 8 and 10. I'm sharing about our experience, and you can read my first post "Getting Started and Step 1"  HERE.


STEP 2


Today's focus was about belonging to a group and we started out by talking about the different groups of people we belong to (family, church, homeschool, etc.)

Then we watched the video  "Enough Love" and practiced our memory verse
"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." - Matthew 6:9-13




STEP 3

This step started out with some fun activities and we did them all. Then we watched the video "Enough Water"

One of the suggested activities is to limit yourself to one water source for a certain amount of time, but we altered it and did something else. (We've done the other before and I wanted this to be a different experience). I had the girls get water from outside and then bring it in to boil it. That was the water we would use for drinking and cooking the rest of the day.






I also had them choose an article of clothing in the dirty laundry and had them wash it out by hand.



Then we practiced the next suggested memory verse...
"Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" - Matthew 22:37-39

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...