Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Step Into My Shoes: Introduction

When Compassion advertised their Step Into My Shoes program I was very interested in doing it as a family! It arrived in November in a cool looking box…


And the packaging is just so pretty and neat (I'm a nerd…I love this stuff!):


I wanted to go through this as a family in November, leading up to Christmas. But reading through the material made me realize very quickly that the material was way over my kids' heads. Even the preschool level adaptations from Ideas for Preschoolers and Teenagers were too advanced for Juanito. So over Christmas, I've prepared a 10 step program to do with Juanito and Rosie! My plan is to begin next Monday, January 12 and to do one step each Monday morning. I hope to share each step on the blog after we complete it so that you can see my small children adaptations! Just to give you a heads' up, I'm also incorporating Steve Green's Hide 'Em in Your Heart songs (although we're using the Spanish version). I'm going to show you one more photo of what's included in the Step Into My Shoes box!


I hope this whets your appetite for doing it with your family! And I hope that the modifications I share will be helpful for those of you with young (as in *very young*) children!







About Hannah Hinojosa...Hannah is a long time Compassion sponsor and writes about her sponsorship journey at Because of Shamim. In addition to being a wife and mother, she is a part-time math professor and loves to read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...