Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Least of These

The King will reply, 
‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did 
for one of the least of these 
brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Matthew 25:40


Who are the least of these? I'm sure there is more than one answer to that question, but there is no doubt in my mind that an oppressed child would qualify as one of the least of these.

Children are vulnerable and needy by nature. Add poverty and oppression into the equation and you have a recipe of hopelessness.

According to this verse, Jesus is saying that when we help the poor and needy - feed them, clothe them, pray for them (i.e. sponsor them), we are serving and loving and following Him - Jesus. 


Rattikorn, Wuttikorn, Chawalit and Kannika are all still waiting for sponsors. All four of these children live in Thailand near the Thai/Burma border. Very likely, they are victims of oppression and could use a friend like YOU.

Simply leave me a comment or email me at fiddlejill(at)outlook(dot)com.

Feel free to speak up on behalf of these children through facebook or twitter - help me find a sponsor for each one!  


Joining with Still SaturdayScripture and a Snapshot, Sunday Community, Sunday StillnessWhatever is Lovely and Weekend Brew 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...