Monday, September 16, 2013

Mail Call Monday ~ Thank You Wess!

You may or may not know that this past weekend was a big event in the world of Compassion. President and CEO Wess Stafford officially retired and handed the baton to the new President and CEO - Santiago Jimmy Mellado.

Several months ago, when Mr. Stafford first announced his retirement, I wrote to my Compassion kids and told them a little bit about the man behind this ministry. I shared a photo of when I met Mr. Stafford 4 years ago and asked them if they had the opportunity to meet him. I also asked them to share a few words of thanks to Wess and told them I would pass their messages on.
Meeting Wess in 2009 (with friend, Brittany on the left)

I have received several responses and thought it would be fun to share them here.

First of all...

Wess....we are grateful for the way you have led the ministry of Compassion International for the past 20 years. You have made a difference in the lives of so many people. Your story, which you shared in Too Small to Ignore, continues to shape who I am as a parent and how I relate to little ones.

We thank you for your example of obedience to Christ.


and now some messages from my kids around the world....

Lian in Colombia 
 "I wish you the best and thank God for people like you."



Luis in El Salvador
"May God bless your life. It is a great blessing to be part of Compassion's Ministry where we have medical checkups and learn about God's word and many other things. I know that God will bless you and the job you did for many children to receive blessings."



Jackson in Kenya
"May God bless you and I congratulate you for your good work. I am glad to hear of your retirement and that you have been the president for 20 years."



Joylyne in Kenya
"Thank you for your good work!"



Orm in Thailand
"Thank you for serving God in Compassion."



Jerry in Indonesia
"Thank you for your kindness."




Ruth in Bolivia 
"Dear Mr. Stafford, I send my regards to you with love. It is really a great joy and a privilege to be able to talk with you, because you got a ministry with children throughout the world. And one of the children who receives support and love is my daughter, Ruth. She and her family are very thankful to be able to meet you by the photo Jill has sent us. Ruth wishes the best for you and your whole family. And, may God be with you in every activity that you do. Through this ministry, many children and families know Jesus. Thanks to the years that you were involved in this work. You will remain in our prayers and hearts of many children. God bless you." ~ Ruth's mother, Zaida

Thank you, Wess!
May God bless you always.











Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...