Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mexico - 2013

Last week I woke up in Mexico - at Rancho de los Ninos to be exact.


If you've been reading here for more than a year, you might remember my trip last year. When I came home last year, I felt God calling me to return and to take people from my home church. I was thrilled to be accompained by 9 others from my church and community this year.

For those who don't know about Rancho de los Ninos, it was founded in 2004 by Ed and Carol Barker (pictured to my left above) and Rick and Janet Norquist. By default it became a home for disabled kids. You see, none of the other orphanages want to take care of these kids so they sent them to Rancho de los Ninos. There are some kids who live there that have no disabilities, but the majority do.

So what did we do?

We worked....


built some new walls




built some new benches



We played...


with the kids




at the beach




 violin concerts



We shared God's Word...

We took down several copies of the Jesus Storybook Bible in Spanish and I had the opportunity to read to this cutie several times. She loved looking at all the pictures.


The kids at my home church raised money to buy Spanish Bibles for the kids at Rancho de los Ninos. As you can tell from their smiles, they were thrilled to have their own Bibles!



We went to church....

The boy on the far left playing guitar lives at Rancho de los Ninos


We were blessed to witness the baptisms of four of the kids who live at Rancho de los Ninos!







We slept under mosquito nets...



And jumped and screamed when we saw scorpions!

It was a great week and I'm already looking forward to returning soon!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...