Wednesday, January 2, 2013

CSP Letter

This past week I received a beautiful letter from one of the moms that is involved in the Hope Child Survival Program in India.

I LOVE Compassion's Child Survival Program. Not only have we been sponsors of the Hope CSP in India for the past 3 years, I have seen this program in action in Peru. It is such a wonderful step in the holistic child development that Compassion seeks to administer to all it's participants.

Have you considered supporting Compassion in this way? It's only $20 a month and worth every single penny.

Please read the letter below and then pray about how you might become more involved in CSP.

Kamalam and baby

Dear sponsor, 
Greetings to you in the name of our Savior!
My name is Kamalam and I am 24 years old. My husband's name is Yesudoss. God has blessed us with two children, Immanuel who is 2 years old and Imaani Grace who is 7 months.
I joined Child Survival Program when I was two months pregnant. Before joining Child Survival Program, we were struggling for our livelihood. My husband is a seasonal worker and he doesn't have jobs on rainy days. But after joining CSP, most of our needs were fulfilled. We got fresh vegetables, milk, meat and toiletries like soap, oil, powder and others. 
I was able to deliver my child safely because of the care given by CSP. We also got a small bed for our child, child dress, mosquito net and many more gifts.
In my situation I was not even able to buy milk for my child and we used to have just a single meal a day, but after registering in CSP, we are able to eat healthy food. I was also taught to cook healthy and hygienic food using vegetables and other materials. Now i know the importance of giving balanced diet to my children.
Since the drinking water is not safe in our community, we were given water filters from the program. The program has also given us a mosquito net. We were given awareness on prevention from diseases. Above everything we are able to know about God and we know that our life is in the hands of God and He will grant us a bright future. 
I've finished my 12th grade and I wished to study further but because of my family situation, I couldn't do it, but I am sure I will be able to give my children good education because of Compassion. 
I kindly request you to pray for my house, as we are living in a thatched house. It becomes difficult during the rains such that we cannot even sleep in our house. 
I want to thank you for all your support and love; it is your sponsorship through CSP and prayer that has helped us to live better. May God bless you as you have been a blessing. 
                                                                                    With Love, Kamalam


If you do sponsor a CSP, I would love to know where!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...