Friday, December 21, 2012

Seeds to Grow



One of the ways I've used the Gifts of Compassion Christmas Catalog this year was to buy garden seeds for a family in Africa. For a $10 donation, you can provide a family with seeds and help them generate some income for their family.

I love to garden and had a pretty successful year when it came to my flowers and herbs. I dried my herbs and collected seeds from my zinnias, sunflowers, marigolds and black-eyed susans.

I've been filling empty spice jars and other packets with seeds that I plan to give to a few of my friends who have birthdays coming up and who also sponsor children through Compassion.

I plan to tell them that when the flowers bloom or when they season their food, they can think about and pray for their sponsored child, as well as the families in Africa who will be benefitting from the seeds provided to them through this gift.

How are you incorporating Gifts of Compassion in your Christmas giving this year?

#ItsAboutGiving





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...