Friday, July 27, 2012

Maps

One thing I have really enjoyed sending to my sponsored and correspondence kids is a map of my country. And the kids love that I have done this. I especially like this printable one from Coloring Castle. They also have flags you could print out.

A couple years ago when we moved from Michigan to Oregon, I sent a map showing where we were moving from and to. 

I also send this to new kids - and show them where we live and where our families live. I tell them that I was originally from IL and my family still lives there and that my husband grew up in NY and his family still lives there. 






Usually I color in the states I am talking about so they can see what I am talking about.




I have even colored in all the states we have lived in over the past 16 years.

And there are lots of other ways you can use a map in your letter writing. Recently I sent Benson a map of Europe and colored in the country of France so he could see where his sponsor lives.

Have you sent maps to your kids?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...