Friday, July 13, 2012

Please Pray With Me

I have recently encountered a very sad situation that I can do nothing about except pray. Yet prayer is quite likely the most powerful and effective way to deal with this problem and so I'm asking you to join me.

Our boy, Dominic Muchangi in Kenya, will soon be graduating.




I'm not ready to let him go. I know he is the oldest of 5 boys, so I contacted Compassion about sponsoring one of his younger brothers.


It turns out one of his brothers, Benson (standing to the left of Dominic), is sponsored already. He has had a long-time sponsor from France.

Great!

The sad news is that sponsor never writes. And that sponsor has not relinquished correspondence rights so there is no way I can become his correspondent.

I asked.

I begged.

It always breaks my heart to hear that sponsors do not write to their children, but this time my heart is breaking a little bit more. I want so badly to love on this boy...to continue loving on this family, but I can't.

I still have a couple months left of corresponding with/sponsoring Dominic Muchangi, so what I can do is send extra notes of encouragement for his brother.

And I can pray that God would move Benson's sponsor to begin writing to him.

And you can pray with me.


"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." ~ James 5:16b

I love comments. Would you please leave me a comment if you are willing to pray with me for this issue?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...