Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Share Your Story

Compassion Sunday is quickly approaching and for some it's already taken place. Every year Compassion puts together a theme and this year is "Change the Story".

Advocating on behalf of Compassion is really about sharing your story with others. It doesn't matter one bit if you are an "official" advocate or not. If you sponsor a child, you have a story to share.

I recently met with a friend from church who sponsors a boy in the Philippines. She was a sponsor before I met her and I wanted to know her story. When I asked her what prompted her to become a sponsor she eagerly told me she heard a Compassion Sunday presentation at another church. That's her story and it's the story I want her to share with our church in 2 weeks.

What's my story? After 17 years of sponsorship, I have many chapters in my story. But my most recent one is intentionally pursuing sponsorship as a family and embracing this experience as a family ministry.

Compassion has put together a great website where you can personalize your own page and share your story. I just put mine together and it was easy and fun.


I encourage you to put one together and then share it with as many people as possible. I'd love to read your story too, so be sure to come back here and leave a comment with the link!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...