Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Call Compassion

Today I want to encourage you to call Compassion if you ever have any questions or concerns about your sponsorship/correspondence experience.

They are so helpful and, often going out of their way to understand your situation and help make it better.

Last week I called Compassion because we haven't heard much from our LDP student. I know that sponsorship and letter writing isn't about me and what I get out of it, but I still felt like we found ourselves always waiting for news from Cilia. Our correspondent LDP student (David in Peru) writes at least once a month, if not twice, so the lack of letters from Cilia was a little disappointing.

I asked if there was a letter in the system for us. Nope.

I asked if the letter writing requirements were different between Peru LDP and Honduras LDP. Nope.

The person helping me could look at my records and see we write monthly. She told me that LDP students are expected to write reciprocally, so we should be getting letters more frequently.

What did she do? She put a note out to the Honduras office. Today she called me back to tell me Cilia has been writing and responding to every letter we've sent. Unfortunately she wasn't giving those letters to the right person, and they weren't getting to us.

I'm so glad I called. Who knows how long this would have gone on for. Cilia now knows who to turn her letters in to. And Compassion was able to scan and email two of the most recent letters she wrote to us.

All this to say, if you have questions or concerns, don't hesitate to call. Compassion wants your experience to be a good one.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...