Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Meet Lizzie

One of the best things about blogging is meeting new friends. Today I would like to take a couple minutes to introduce you to Lizzie. I asked her a couple questions so we could all get to know her a little better.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Lizzie, and I am 13.  I am homeschooled, so I have a lot of extra time on my hands.

How did you first get involved with Compassion?
Periodically I have been involved with Compassion since I was really little.  My church used to sponsor two children, and I drew pictures for them.  But I really began to get involved with Compassion this May.  I got an e-mail from them, and I started to look at the children needing sponsors.  From there, I became a correspondent, and I began to follow their blog.

Tell us about your Compassion kids.
Currently I correspond with three precious kids.  My first little girl Kartini is from Indonesia.  She is 8, and she has an older sister and brother.  From her letters, I found out that she has a difficult time in school.  But, she asks God to help her.  Secondly, I recieved Lucie.  She's 15 and from Haiti.  I only recieved an introductory letter from her, but I did find out one amazing thing about her- she likes to wask dishes!  Less than one month ago, I started corresponding with Carlos.  He lives in Mexico, and he's 10.  I do not know much about him, but from his online bio, I have found out he likes to play with cars.  He also likes soccer.

Tell us a little bit about your etsy shop and your vision for raising money for Compassion.
In October I started my Etsy shop.  I have made cards for a while now, and I had tried to sell them on Ebay with no luck.  I decided to make a shop on Etsy and try to sell my cards that way.  I have gotten a lot of veiws, and I am excited to have my first sale.  All the profit from my sales will go to Compassion.  First, I will use the money to supply my three Compassion kids with periodic gifts like stickers and such.  I would like to donate to the Unsponsored Children fund and possibly sponsor a child, as well.  I believe that Compassion is an amazing organization that really trusts God.  I want to support their work and ministry in every way I can.

If you have a few moments, please stop by Lizzie's Etsy shop. She has graciously offered my readers a discount code (COMPASSIONFAMILY) for 10% off. This code is valid through January 31, 2012 ~ Thank you Lizzie!

Here is another link to her Etsy shop.... madefromscratch4u.etsy.com

Feel free to leave comments here for Lizzie today. I'm sure she'll be checking in and would love to hear some encouraging words. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...