Monday, September 5, 2011

Too Small to Ignore - Chapter 15

We've come to the end my friends....sad, but true.

"JUST" CHILDREN: A CALL TO ARMS

Appropriately, Wess ends this books with a call to action.

I love what he says in the opening paragraphs....

Jesus clearly and solemnly stated, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked" (Luke 12:48). We normally think that verse refers to money. Maybe it does, but I think it means even more. It can just as reasonable be talking about knowledge, experiences, insights, and a stirred heart. In this book we have journeyed together to a point of no return. We cannot go back to how things used to be. ~ p. 241

I don't know about you, but I have been stirred (again) by this book.

What will we do? What will I do?

I will start by recommitting myself to advocate for all children, beginning with the two daughters God has entrusted to me.

I will pray, I will teach, I will lead.

I will listen, I will follow, I will laugh.

I will lower myself to a child's level when I'm speaking to them.

I will tickle, I will hug, I will play.

I will cry, I will sing, I will dance.

What will you do?

The indentation is there for all to see. That's what it is like to bring the imprint of Jesus to a child's soul. ~ page 249

THANK YOU - to everyone who read along and also to everyone who contributed to the discussion either through comments or through writing a post about a chapter. God has really spoken to me this past month through this experience.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...