Sunday, June 17, 2018

Armor of God Series - Breatsplate of Righteousness

I'm continuing my series of letters on the Armor of God. Here are a couple links to the other letters in this series. As always, feel free to use these letters in whatever way you find helpful.

Introduction
Belt of Truth





I've been writing to you about the Armor of God. It says in Ephesians 6:11 "Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."  There is an enemy that wants to keep us from God, but with the armor of God we can win against sin.

Today's piece of armor is the breastplate of righteousness. A breastplate is a piece of metal that covers your chest and specifically your heart. Being righteous means being right with God. We need to protect our hearts - the center of our lives - with righteousness. If you imagine putting a breastplate on each day, you are putting on a layer of protection to keep sin out of our hearts and lives. Because we aren't actually putting on a breastplate, we need to think of things we can do to help protect our hearts from sin. I think that if we seek God and His ways by reading his word and praying for wisdom and protection, we are actively protecting ourselves from sin.

Proverbs 119:9-11 says, "How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

Pray. Read the Bible. Memorize scripture. This is how you seek God and protect yourself from sin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...