Monday, July 20, 2015

Cristine in Philippines

Cristine

First letter was dated February 2003...final letter was dated February 2011. We received approximately 60 letters. She was 8 years old when sponsored her and 16 when she left.  In July 2010 she wrote, "I promise to my family and to you also, that I will finish my studies to get a good job." I was heart-broken to learn she had left school and the program.

Miscellaneous info from letters:
  • oldest of 4 children / 3 brothers: John Paul, Jay Lourd and John Carlo
  • called us Mom and Dad / called herself our daughter
  • learned drawing, writing and singing in Compassion project
  • medical check-ups at project
  • did not move to Manila with her family in 2007 because she didn't want to lose me as a sponsor
"Me and my family are fine. My mother, father and siblins are in Manila. Because my mother works there as a housemaid and my father as a construction worker. I am staying here in my grandmother's because I do not want to lose a sponsor. I do not want to lose you. I love you Daddy Kevin and Mommy Jill!"
  • 2008- new house constructed by Compassion - family back together again]
  • bought mosquito net with $ we sent
  • every letter was full of love and gratitude for us

final letter....

Dear Mr. Kevin and Mrs. Jill, 
One blessed day to you Mr. Kevin and Mrs. Jill. I am Nancy Sabalboro, the mother of Cristine. I am sad to say that Cristine is no longer attend CDSP activities and also in school. She did not continue her studies, because she is working already. That is why, we decided to say goodbye to you and here in the CDSP project.  
As mother of Cristine, I am truly thankful for you for your support and love and for being second parents of my child. You have been a good sponsor of my child. She also want to say thank you. I know that God will bless you for your good heart. 
God Jesus bless you. 
Thankful, Nancy, mother of Cristine




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...