Monday, March 3, 2014

Guest Post - Judy Myers

My name is Judy Myers from Calgary, Alberta in western Canada. I have been a passionate child sponsor with Compassion Canada since 2001 and have been an equally passionate and active advocate for child sponsorship since 2011. 

In 2005 I started sponsoring one of my Compassion children, Milton Paredes at project EC124 in south Quito, Ecuador and had the honor and privilege of meeting him on individual child visit trips in 2006 and 2007. He will be turning 16 years old on April 26th. 



I've been encouraging him recently to apply for Compassion's Leadership Development Program (LDP) as he has been class president at his school since he was 11 years old, is youth leader and Sunday School teacher at his church and organizes youth retreats.

 I found another letter from him in my mailbox yesterday and read the most wonderful news a sponsor could ever hope to receive!! Milton just returned from giving his testimony at a youth conference in Same, Esmeraldas in front of youth from all over Ecuador and shared the fantastic news with me that "something wonderful happened there, I confirmed my call to the Ministry". 

God confirmed his call for Milton to go into the ministry!!! My boy's going to be a pastor, or better yet, an evangelist!!! Now when he applies for the LDP, he can apply for a Theology degree!!!

He said "I am still very young but I feel God's call on my life". This is one proud sponsor momma here!!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if he ended up being a pastor at a Compassion partner church, or even at his very own project? Now, that is what I would call paying it forward!



You can learn more about Judy at her blog, Passionate for Compassion!


I love hearing from you - your comments make my day! If you have trouble finding the comment button, try clicking on the title of this post. Hopefully that will solve the problem and you can say hi.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...