Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What to Write ~ Write About Your Mom

With mother's day quickly approaching, I thought it might be fun to write a letter about our mothers. In the past when I have written bits of info about my parents, often my sponsored kids respond by asking to know more. So the topic for this round of letters is "all about my mom". When father's day comes next month, you can use this same idea and write about your dad.

Here's a sample letter....

Dear.....

It is with great joy that I sit down to write another letter to you. How are you? I think about you every day, and when I do, I try to say a prayer for you.

May is an exciting month for our family. We have many birthdays to celebrate and it's also Mother's Day! In honor of Mother's Day, I thought I would take the opportunity to tell you all about my mom.

Her name is Diana Marie and I am named after her (my name is Jill Marie). She was the only child in her family and she has spent her entire life living in the state of Illinois. My mom worked as a nurse for many years. She also was a teacher of 3, 4 and 5 year olds for several years. 

My mom loves Jesus with her whole heart and has taught me to do the same. She loves to eat ice cream and go for walks. She is also a wonderful gardener and has gardens full of beautiful flowers. My mom has always been so supportive of me and what I do. When I first became a Compassion sponsor and advocate, my mom was one of the first people who listened to what I had to say and she quickly became a Compassion sponsor. She now sponsors seven different kids around the world. 


I am so thankful for my mom and cherish the time I get to spend with her. She lives in Illinois and I live in Oregon, so we don't see each other often. Whenever we are together, we like to go for long walks and also like to drink coffee together. She is a wonderful grandma to my two girls, also! Thankfully we are able to communicate regularly through the computer and phone.

I hope you have enjoyed learning a little bit more about my mom. She knows about you and prays for you too. I would love for you to write back to me and tell me about your mom. I would love to know how I can pray for her. (Be sensitive - if your child does not live with his or her mom, leave this part out).

"Honor your father and mother" Exodus 6:2

Much love, Jill



As always, I would love to hear your thoughts! What have you written about lately?





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...