Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's About Giving

What is giving?

source Compassion

What does giving look like? 
It looks like taking time to record and count all the gifts He gives us daily.



What does giving sound like? 
It sounds like the sweet music of my daughter's violin as she plays for the elderly.


What does giving smell like? 
It smells like fresh baked bread ready to deliver to the neighbors.


What does giving feel like?
It feels like a child's arms wrapped around your neck.




If I were a mother in a third world country, my answers to the questions would be different.

What does giving look like? 
It looks like my child sleeping soundly and safely under a mosquito net.


What does giving sound like? 
It sounds like the cry of a newborn, safely arriving into the world.



What does giving taste like? 
It tastes like fresh, clean, safe water provided by our safe water system.


What does giving feel like? 
It feels like a hug from a mentor.

The beauty of all this is that I can answer the questions both ways. By giving gifts to the King this Christmas, I can give hope to children and families living in dire situations. Through the Gifts of Compassion catalog, I can give safe water, provide dental care, help families generate income....

Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers or sisters of mine, you did for me. ~ Matthew 25:40

Will you join me? #itsaboutgiving  Help spread the word and let's practice the art of giving together.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...