Friday, August 3, 2012

Bohemian Bowman's Guide to Beginner Blogging


Do you know Jessica of Bohemian Bowman's?

She's a great writer and has just released her second e book. 


This book is a how-to or guide to blogging for beginners. It's full of fun, practical information that really takes the pressure off creating the perfect blog and just having fun through the process of getting started. I'm not really a beginner when it comes to blogging, but still gleaned a lot of useful information from this book. 

I think the tip I appreciated the most was Jessica's encouragement to stop worrying about comments and stats. I often get discouraged about how much time I spend blogging and how little response I sometimes get, but then I remember that I find blogging fun and therapeutic and it's a way I can keep my personal advocacy active. I kind of like having a little, teeny, tiny corner in the world wide web where I can express myself. And I love the community we've got here. 

I also took her advice and added "pin it" and "like" buttons to my posts. I haven't figured out the "tweet" one yet, but I will. So from now on you have an easy way to mark or pass on whatever posts you like. Not being  on facebook, pinterest or twitter myself, I underestimated the importance and convenience of these. Thank you Jessica!

Anyway, I highly recommend you read this book if you are looking for encouragement when it comes to blogging. Now go buy yourself a copy and start reading. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...