Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bite Back Bracelets

Last week at our VBS I was presenting Bite Back. I challenged the kids to bring in $100 (for 10 nets) and if they did everyone would get a bracelet. 

I had 57 of these ~ the official ones from Compassion. 



But there were 55 kids and several more teen helpers and adults. I really wanted to have enough for everyone but didn't have time to order more.

So I got creative and made some myself.

I couldn't find netting material, so I bought a roll of black tulle.



I cut it to the length I needed and then cut it in half.



I also bought a bag of red pony beads.



And then I figured out how to put the pony beads on the tulle to make and adjustable bracelet.



I tied off the ends and had a similar replica of the original.

Not exact, but close enough!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...