Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Mom and Compassion



Almost 18 years ago when I began this crazy journey of sponsorship as a college student, my mom was nothing but supportive.

She's always been like that ~ supportive ~ because she knows me better than anyone else. She poured her life into raising me and still spends time on her knees praying for me.

Not only has she supported me on this journey of sponsorship and advocacy, she's created her own family of sponsored children all over the world.


Anna in Kenya

Diana in Kenya

Jefferson in Ecuador

Emmanuel in Rwanda

Waldir in Peru

Karen in Colombia

Ramya  in India

Kerlint in Nicaragua

CSP in Kenya


(My mom and I in the mid 90s)


She's as crazy about Compassion as I am (if that's possible). She even met Shaun Groves because she knew how much I admire his work with Compassion.




Thank you mom ~ 
for believing in me, for encouraging me, for supporting me. 


(My mom and I in 2011 - Yes, we often dress alike even though we live 2000 miles apart!)






1000 Moms Project




This post is participating in the 1000 Moms project ~ hosted by Ann Voskamp of A Holy Experience. When 1000 moms are publicly thanked (through Twitter, Facebook or blogging), Ann will fund a Child Survival Project in Haiti for a year!



Need some Mother's Day gift ideas? Here are a few Compassion related ideas....







  • How about a copy of Ann's book and a Compassion journal for recording grace gifts (although I'm not seeing this in the Compassion store right now).




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...