Monday, February 27, 2012

What's Going On and Some Linky Love

There seems to be a lot going right now and I thought I would take a couple moments to bring them to your attention.


First of all.....a new way to observe this lenten season.....A Place at the Table 40 Days of Solidarity With the Poor by Chris Seay.

I'm only a week into this and already God is using this book, this journey to teach me great things and to draw me closer to Him. I had such a beautiful first "feast" day yesterday, but eagerly jumped back into fast mode today. There seem to be many others on this same journey this lenten season and I'm excited to see what God will teach each of us. It's not too late to get a copy of the book and join in.




Secondly.....a Compassion Family community read through of Hope Lives A Journey of Restoration by Amber VanSchooneveld.
I timed this read through to coincide with the 5 weeks leading up to Easter. I can already see how reading through this book, while also participating in the 40 days of Solidarity With the Poor is going to be very powerful. Even if you don't have a copy of this book, I think you will enjoy the guest posts I have each Thursday ~ and be sure to read Amber's introductory post from yesterday.



Finally....58: The Global Impact Tour

The next global fast is this week - Wednesday, February 29th. The featured country and issue is the drought and food crisis in Kenya. For this fast, 58: is raising funds that will go to World Relief to provide relief in Turkana, Kenya.

CRISIS in Turkana, Kenya from World Relief on Vimeo.



And now on to some linky love.....I saw a couple posts over the weekend that I just loved and wanted to pass on to you.


  • The first is Rebecca's idea of a prayer wall over at She Becomes. I'm mulling this idea around in my head, trying to figure out what this might look like in our home. 

  • The second is Kayla's latest letter writing idea over at Tales of Child Sponsorship. Kayla included blank cards for her sponsored kids to write notes to their mothers for Mother's Day. I just love this idea. Last year I wrote to my kids about Mother's Day - asking if they celebrate this holiday, too. Overwhelmingly the response was yes. So this will be a great follow up. I'm thinking of also writing a short note myself to their mother - a note of encouragement from one mother to another. 

One more thing....there is a contest going on. You can make a video of your experience with the Gifts of Compassion Christmas campaign and possibly win a trip to Nicaragua with Compassion. There are only a couple days left, but you can go HERE for more information. My friend Yvonne and her family made a video - be sure to watch it (The Reynold's Family Christmas Cow). And be sure to vote for your favorite one - the video with the most votes wins the trip (or something like that). There is no direct link I can give you - but here's what you can do:

  • go to the Compassion International Facebook page 
  • find "My Gift of Compassion Video Contest" on the left side of the page
  • click on "view gallery"
  • watch the videos
  • vote! - you can vote once a day between now and March 1



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...