Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another Round of Letters

It’s that time of the month again – time for writing to your sponsored children. If you haven’t done so already this month, then pick a date and write in on your calendar.

For some reason, I did not receive very many letters this month. I’m not sure why – did anyone else experience this?

Anyway, for this round of letters, I wrote about losing teeth. A friend told me about the book Throw Your Tooth on the Roof: Tooth Traditions from Around the World by Selby B Beeler, so we checked it our from our local library.

images-1

Since we have a 6 year old who has lost 7 teeth this past year, I thought it would be fun to ask our sponsored children how they handle this tradition. My daughters and I had fun reading this book and I think we’ll have even more fun reading the responses from our sponsored children.

The book covers the following Compassion countries: Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Brazil, Uganda, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia.

IMG_3879

More pretty paper, a photo of our toothless daughter, another photo taken at the coast last weekend, a colorful bookmark, my daughters’ memory verse from church….but most importantly – words of love and encouragement for our sponsored children.

Have you written to your sponsored kids this month? What did you write about?

Be sure to come back tomorrow for a fun, letter-writing related giveaway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...