Thursday, June 2, 2011

Country Expert - Philippines

Because the Compassion bloggers are in the Philippines this week, I thought it was only appropriate that this week’s country expert post take us to the Philippines as well.
images-1
Compassion's work in the Philippines began in 1972. Currently, more than 54,800 children participate in 320 child development centers.
images-2
imgp9652b2 photo credit Juli Jarvis
**Disclaimer: I have previewed many of these books and resources, but not all. Please use your own discretion when sharing these with your family.
Books:
img_0129 Compassion Advocate Juli Jarvis with Emjay, her LDP student

Websites:

You Tube:
images-3
Printables:

Do you sponsor a child in the Philippines? If so, please leave a comment telling us a little bit about your special friend.
To view my other country expert posts, go HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Love reading all the experts! I am so full this week reading all the bloggers....

    I love my Hope Lives book you sent me! I remember now I ordered "Too Small" at Christmas ... my brain is so foggy!

    Hugs,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  2. We checked out this book from our library this week.

    http://www.amazon.com/Philippines-Enchantment-World-Second/dp/0516210106

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post... wealth of information!

    Our sponsor child from the Philippines is Florianlyn. She lives in the island of Masbate, is 9 years old and we will be visiting her this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just signed up to sponsor a child from the Philippines this last week. Her name is Stephanie and she is 6 years old. I can't wait to exchange letters and pictures with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Philippines!! My January and Ian are from there and they are sweet spirited kids who write as often as they can.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...