Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Step Into My Shoes ~ Our Experience: Steps 6 and 7

Today I'll wrap up sharing about our experience going through the new resource for families called "Step Into My Shoes".

In case you missed my earlier posts:



STEP 6



After reading the Bible passage and talking about it, we watched the video "Enough Education". The activity was to think of ways you can bless others at school, but we are a homeschooling family. So instead we made some love notes for our friends and cousins (it just happened to be the week of Valentine's Day so it was perfect timing!) 


We also read the story of Jesus blessing the children in Mark 10. I got this idea from the other (earlier) version of the Step Into My Shoes journey guide. They suggested either acting it out or drawing it and my girls chose to draw it.




And then we reviewed the memory verse -

"'Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?' 
 Jesus said, 'Have the people sit down.' There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sate down (about five thousand men were there). Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish." - John 6:9-11

STEP 7



We started off by reviewing all we had done in the previous steps. None of this was really new to my girls, as we've done many activities like this before, but it was interesting to see what was significant to them about this particular experience. When we started this journey, I had just returned from my trip to Nicaragua and the girls were very eager and excited to hear about my experience there.

After reading the Bible passage, we watched the video "Enough Food".

We talked about the ways our family is already sharing our "more than enough" with those who have less. And then we talked about how we still have more than enough - even after we share. So we set a timer and gathered items we were willing to give away. I love decluttering so this activity was right up my alley!

We also went over the final memory verse -
"Some men came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made and opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, 'Son, your sins are forgiven.'" - Mark 2:3-5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...